About Sundarbans Tours
The Sundarbans is the largest mangrove forest in the world and one of the wildest, least-known environments in southern Asia. Located in the delta formed by the confluence of Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna Rivers in the Bay of Bengal, the Sundarbans extends over an area of 10,000 sq km. Two-thirds of the Sundarbans is located in Bangladesh and the rest is in India. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is also designated a wetland site of international importance under the Ramsar Convention.
Day 1 : Day 1 :
Our guide will meet you at the entrance of Parjatan Hotel at 7.00 H, transfer you to our waiting boat, and head toward Sundarbans immediately. Breakfast will be served on the boat. You’ll be inside the forest within 15 minutes of starting the journey. Stop on a forest station on the way to complete formalities, and continue toward Kochikhali.
Day 2 : 2
- Today is going to be your busiest day at Sundarbans.
- Ride a noiseless wooden row-boat on a canal in the morning in search of wildlife.
- Back to the main boat, and have breakfast at 07.30 H. Start walking toward Jamtola beach, which is the quietest, nicest, and the cleanest beach in Bangladesh. Enjoy the beach for an hour, and walk toward Jamtola tourist spot. The total trail will be about 10 km. Transfer to our waiting boat which already arrived here from Kochikhali through an inside canal.
- Lunch on the boat and have an hour of rest.
- Visit Kotka Wildlife Sanctuary, and if high tide, have a rewarding boat ride on a canal near the sanctuary.
- Go to the watch-tower at Kotka before the sunset and seat quietly for half an hour. This is a feeding ground for animals. Lots of deer and other wild animals come here in the evening to eat grass and drink water. You never know what surprises can be waiting for you here!
- After sunset, start the boat for our onward location to another suitable forest station for the night hold, based on the tide.
- Stay overnight on the boat in a sleeping cabin, anchoring in the middle of the river in front of the forest station.
Term & Conditions
01. In case of natural calamities / Road blockage / Political problem / Train canceled or schedule change itinerary maybe change prior information to guests and all the additional charges will be borne by guests on spot payment basis.
02. Must be Check-Out your hotel within as per the Hotel policy.
03. Hotel can be changed on room availability and price increase.
04. Maximum car support in a day 4 to 5 hrs.
05. Additional trip cost will be charged from guest.
- Accommodation on the boat in a sleeping cabin on twin sharing basis.
- 5,500 BDT forest permission fee.
- All meals, drinking water, tea, and coffee while on the boat at Sundarbans for three day.
- English speaking guide.
- All tips other than our guide and boat crew.
- Any food or drinks other than mentioned above.
- 1,200 BDT fee for video camera in Sundarbans (if any).
- Any personal item.